Wednesday 30 April 2014

Kunekune Update

The piglet girls have settled into life on the farm really well, after the return of the wanderer.   I kept them in their enclosure for some time, so they got used to having back scratches and knowing the food calls.   The last few days I've been letting them out to forage for acorns.  This afternoon I managed to get them to follow me right out to the driveway, lined with oak trees and thousands of acorns to be found.   Piggy heaven.

I checked on them a couple of times, and then when I thought it was about time to get them in, I went out to the drive to look for them.  No sign of them anywhere.  Minor panic, but thought I would check back in their enclosure, and sure enough, they were just waddling back in there, with tummies like little wine barrels.   They still managed to devour the bribes I had with me, thinking I would need those to get them back into their hut and pen. 

After the last snack, and a drink of water, they wearily climbed the little step into their shed, snuggled into the straw and got very cosy.  So cute!


After a long but productive day in front of the computer, I wish I could just curl up in my nest, but no such luck here!

No comments:

Post a Comment