Tuesday 31 December 2013

Central Otago

We are about to head off for a few days break down to Central Otago.  Its important for the Butcher to get away for a bit of a break at this time of the year.  The lead up to Christmas is always fraught, and this year was no exception, although I think he is handling it better now than he used too.  Being up until 2 oclock at night cooking hams doesn't sound glamorous, and isn't!  Very nice hams however...

Whenever I go away I feel like I am in conflict.  So much of me doesn't want to leave.  I don't want to leave the animals, I don't want to leave the house and garden.  There's so much to do at this time of the year and my garden is looking like a jungle especially after all that wet weather we had after Christmas.  I start to feel guilty that I should be staying at home.  

Yet, I know that if I stay at home I will get restless and fritter some of the precious time away anyway.   Time away on trips such as these are what lays down memories that help through more difficicult times.   We have very fond memories of our trip to Central two years ago, yet can't remember what we did last new years so guess we must have stayed at home!

So, while the Butcher works, I'll get us packed up and ready to go. 
Happy new year's everyone!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment