Friday 22 July 2011

Thieving Animals

Connie is a lovely chestnut and really loves carrots.   I often buy those 10kg bags of carrots - second - which usually cost about $7.   Great for the horses (and not bad for the juicer either).

Silly me left the feed bin open and Connie got in and ate what was nearly a full bag.   I didn't discover this until much later, when I noticed bits of carrot all over the ground.   She had long gone, but I think she was smiling for a long time.

Just as well she is chestnut (ie orange), or I think she would have turned orange anyway!

I've just replaced the carrots and will endeavour to be more careful next time.  She's not the only animal around here who is a good thief.   Millie, the poohound, regularly steals chocolate from our wwoofers, if they happen to leave any around and their door open.   One time she stole a flash packet of german chocolate biscuits which were obviously special.    The only way you discover the deed is to see the empty packet out on the lawn....   The german wwoofers left soon after, perhaps they thought I had eaten their biscuits!!!  Unfortunately I only discovered the packet after they had left.   Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment